Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I cannot get my Cannon ip1800 to print. It keeps telling me

I cannot get my Cannon ip1800 to print.
It keeps telling me there is a paper jam but there is not.
It seems like the roller is going around but not taking the paper with it.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you wipe the roller down please with a damp cloth and then let it dry for 10 minutes.
Then try to print and tell me if the roller now picks up the paper.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not a camera but a Canon printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes I am aware of that, cameras do not have rollers and you indicated it was a Cannon ip1800
Did you see the instructions I wanted you to do? I have repeated this below.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
I have completed the instructions you gave me above and tried to print again. It is still not picking up the paper.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, take the paper out and flick it through your fingers then put it back in and tell me if it then catches on the roller please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I can do?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the last instructions I gave you a few seconds after you posted your message.
I think you might have missed them, I have repeated them again below for you.
take the paper out and flick it through your fingers then put it back in and tell me if it then catches on the roller please.
Was wondering why you never replied.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,I have taken the paper out and flicked through it. Now when I print it does print but it bringing out about 10 sheets at a time instead of just the one sheet.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, try a different batch of paper please, just to rule out an issue with the paper.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried another batch of paper and I am afraid I am still getting pages of paper coming out.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal rollers that has faulted. It will be the coating on them
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is not still under warranty so do you have any idea of the cost of replacing the rollers? Just wondered if I would be better off purchasing a new printer?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, in that event as the prints are so cheap now days, it is better to purchase a new one.
With a repair, the price is about the same but you only get a limited short warranty on it, with a new one you get the full warranty.
I would really advise on getting a new printer instead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all your help.I will look into purchasing a new printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.