Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a fuji finepix S2980 , I have a message saying turn

I have a fuji finepix S2980 , I have a message saying turn off the camera and turn on again , there is a camera symbol , white camera on red background , right hand corner 2327 , I have turned off but still get the message , my email address xxxxxxxxxxx
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again. How long has the battery or batteries in the camera been in-use? How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it. Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did as suggested; no change in the camera. Still will not let me get past turn off / turn on again message. Camera is two years old, rarely used, never dropped, wet, used on a beach. WS working one minute then not.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Two years old means out of warranty.Repairs will be needed. The camera icon and the code 2327 may mean something to a FujiFilm tech if it is sent to them for repairs but I have no source of information about it.