Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I purchased a Pixma Pro-1 printer and I'm having terrible

Customer Question

Hello, I purchased a Pixma Pro-1 printer and I'm having terrible difficulty installing, can yo help me?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suspect that you may have a defective printer. As you say, the printhead ink charging should not take that long, at all.Pack it up again, and return it to the vendor or store you got it from, I suggest, for an exchange or a refund, before the refund-exchange period runs out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before returning the unit, we should run through set-up again. I'm aware I could return if I can't get it to work. I'm expecting some technical help here to guide me through
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
If you followed the set-up instructions accurately, then it should have worked the first time.Did you remove protective tape from the cartridges? if not, try it again with all the protective tape removed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Also make sure you did not touch the electrical contacts on the printhead or on the cartridges, at any time. That ruins things for at least two different reasons.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are all obvious points, none of which actually 'help' me try things to resolve and not what I am paying this service for - what I'm expecting is to be guided through printer reboot, reinstall, test etc. So please, walk me through step by step possible solution options to address the issue - my objective of using this service is to get my printer up and running. If you are unable to do this, I have no need for this service and will request a refund.