RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have a Canon Powershot A1100 IS which is working OK. I have

I have a Canon Powershot A1100 IS which is working OK. I have just purchased a Fujifilm 2GB memory card (the same as the one I have been using for some time). I have followed the instructions at page 49 in the Instruction Manual for Formatting Memory Cards but continue to get the message "Memory Card Error" - where am I going wrong or is there a fault in the camera?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Does the old card still work in the camera? Are you still able to view the photos that are on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes the old card still works - I wanted the new card for a specific purpose
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just taken a few photos on the old card and have viewed them (and previous photos) OK
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
While quite unusual, it appears that the new card is defective. You can probably return and exchange it. OR If you have a card reader for your computer, you can try to access it as a removable drive, right click on it and Format the 2gb card (FAT) not (FAT32). Then try it in the camera. If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or solves your issue, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.Thank you