Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon SX60 HS Powershot and the screen/LCD moniter

I have a Canon SX60 HS Powershot and the screen/LCD moniter nothing is displayed and unable to shoot any photos there is no down arrow on this camera?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery from the camera and then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 5 minutes, then put the battery in, turn it on and tell me please if the screen is then functioning.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the screen still not functioning
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the LCD controller for the screen that has faulted.
Residue power can cause this but we have now ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have the mainboard (the controller sits on it) replaced. It problem, so it will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.