Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a canon printer MG 3250 and I have't used it months.

Customer Question

I have a canon printer MG 3250 and I have't used it for 6 months. Finally went to use it and it's goes thro the process but doesn't print. Sounds like does! I changes inket cartridges but it hasn't helped
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The question is: Did you install the ink cartridge at all, prior to the 6-month period of disuse?Disuse of an inkjet printer, with the cartridges left in it, but with it not powered On, leads to stagnation and drying up on ink in the inking system. Usually the consequence is as you have seen, unfortunately: a clogged-up printhead, which can't pass ink through it to the page.There is something you can try, as follows: In outline:1. Clean the printhead. (This is an automated operation in your printer's Maintenance functions... either through the printer's menus, or through the printer's software on the computer.)2. Wait 1/2 hour to several hours or overnight, leaving the printer On but unused (no print jobs, etc.)This allows waste ink to soak into the printhead and hopefully dissolve dried ink etc.3. Clean the printhead a second time.4. Wait again (as in step 2 above) for 1/2 hr. to several hrs., printer On but unused.5. Clean the printhead a third time.Then test whether ink is showing up at all in prints at this point. If it is, even faintly, then repeating this procedure will (eventually, at the cost of a certain amount of ink wasted in the process) clear up the clogged printhead. After that fails, if it does fail, what you need to do is to decide whether replacing the printhead (which will cost something considerable, more than you would think usually) is better, given the printer's age, or whether it would be more preferable for you to replace the printer altogether with a new one (and hopefully recycle the old printer, always a good idea.) So try the triple-cleaning-with-wait-times that I recommended, and get back to me if it doesn't work for you (so I can advise you further...)... or if it does help (- I always like to hear that something I recommended has worked!)