Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I can only download pictures from my IXUS 275 HS by removing

I can only download pictures from my IXUS 275 HS by removing the memory card and plugging into the USB via an adapter. It will not work by connector cable. The cable method works fine with my other camera. Donald S
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me what happens when you try to connect the camera to the computer?
And which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I press the appropriate button after connecting the cable but nothing shows up on the computer at all when canon camera window is selected. Everything works fine with my IXUS 990 IS.
My system Windows Vista
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connect the camera and go to Start, Computer.
Click on computer and you will see C Drive ect. Tell me what is listed there please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Believe it or not an icon which says CANON IXUS 275HS
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the camera, so click on it and you will be able to access your photos and copy them over
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens at all
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you give a little more detail please?
You say you see the icon, so double click it and then it will open.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha!!! It works, thanyou.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.