nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Sony DSC HX300 which has been very good. However,

I have a Sony DSC HX300 which has been very good. However, it is now flashing E:62:10 on the screen. It is still taking pictures but I would like to correct the fault.
I have disconnected the battery and then switched on again but that does not clear the error message.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.This error indicated that some malfunction has occurred in the camera. Try resetting the camera to Factory Settings.To reset the camera:Power on the camera, and select “Menu,” then “Settings.”Select “Main Settings,” then “Initialize.”Select “OK,” and press the center button on the control wheel.Turn off the camera.Remove the battery pack.Remove the button-sized lithium battery.Allow the camera to remain without power for 30 seconds.Reinsert the button-sized lithium battery.Reinsert the battery pack.Turn on the camera.Reply for further assistance. Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments. You can rate by clicking the stars present on the upper panel. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found the initialise menu and removed the large battery. However, there is no mention of a 'button-sized' battery in the instruction manual. Where do I find this?
Continue without it as the steps which I gave were not model specific. So continue by skipping that step.
Please respond so that we can proceed further. Else rate the chat to end the conversation. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been away and not able to try your suggestion. I will respond before 12 noon GMT
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have scored you 3 as the fault is still present after two sessions on re-initializing.
If the fault is still there, then it means that your camera needs to be dissembled. All this would need a technician as it requires to completely open the camera and check for the fault. You can watch this VIDEO and perform the process by your self but I would advise you to call a technician. You have not rated the chat yet. Please rate it. Thanks.
Thanks for the ratings. Wish you a great year ahead.