Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Cannon MD 235, sometimes will not start or stop recording when

Customer Question

Cannon MD 235, sometimes will not start or stop recording when the record button is pressed, sometimes will start to record without pressing the rec. button.
It works ok using the remote control to start and stop recording.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I would say that your MD235 very obviously has a sticky switch contact in the Record button. That will require a service tech to disassemble the camera and replace the switch under the Record button, in all likelihood. But another error than the switch under the Record button falsely triggering, might be found with such a disassembly examination and testing that a good service tech could do. If you need help finding a good shop local to you to take your Canon Legria device to, for servicing, please let me know your locale, by town/city and region or province. Thanks.