adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Other
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

Pix on my canon 6d suddenly very dark on automatic and on other

Customer Question

Pix on my canon 6d suddenly very dark on automatic and on other settings not changing with iso or f stops changes. Still OK on video. Have I inadvertently changed something or is the camera faulty. Not showing any errors
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 11 months ago.
Hi, First, if you have not already done so, to set a good reference point, reset the camera using the instructions attached. (You must put the mode dial in M or P to access the menu tab with the reset finction.) Then return to Auto and try to take a few test shots. Please let me know the result. If the reset does not restore normal function, we must then determine if the lens is causing the problem. If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied. If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or solves your issue, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent. Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've cleared all settings and tried the lens on my 7d with no problem .The problem is still the same on the 6d with 2 different lenses
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tel ***********
Please press the AE LOCK button (shown in the attached photo) a few times. This may release the exposure function.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm afraid that'not worked either!
The only other inadvertent setting that would cause this that is not reset by a general reset is a custom setting. Go to the menu and use the instructions in the photo to set the custom functions to default by selecting clear all settings. Clean the contacts on the lens and camera body with a soft cloth and a little alcohol to eliminate the connection as the problem. Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.If you require additional information, please use the Reply to ExpertTab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange iscomplete and you are satisfied.If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent. Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'afraid none of these manoeuvre s have solved the problem
I will "opt out" in case another agent has a better suggestion.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 11 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam