michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a Canon Pixma MP220 printer/scanner. I am trying to

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MP220 printer/scanner. I am trying to change the printer cartridge but the old one is stuck at one end and I cannot remove it. The on/off light keeps flashing as does the warning light. The message screen is blank but has said "check printer" and a number 5B00 keeps appearing.
Can you help me.
David J. Morgan
***@******.***
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 11 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting youThe error code 5B00 is a service error indicating ink absorber full. usually this involves getting the absorber replaced and for the same the unit needs to be servicedhowever, there are intermediate reset and cleaning steps that you may tryTurn off printer by pressing the power buttonpress the Resume button and press Power button.Keep holding down Power button and release Resume buttonPress Resume button 2 times then release BOTH buttonsGreen lights will flash and then stop blinking.When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.once done turn on unit and check if error repeats try the belowremove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forthalso clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on itclean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcoholonce these steps have been done follow the below steps as wellmanually move the printhead to far lefton the far right there is a little white plastic tab that is spring loadedjust check that if its not getting jammedpush the tab towards the front of the printeronce done just turn on and check the statusif the error code repeats then the unit would need to be serviced for ink absorber replacement.Ink absorber is basically a sponge pad that abosorb excess ink.if it gets full it needs to be replaced as else there is a risk of ink spillage within the printerif within warranty you can get it done through canon else through a local repair storelet me know if you have any questions
i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I still can't get it to work. I haven't got a resume button on my machine.I don't think it's worth getting the machine serviced. I just want a new reliable desk top printer/scanner. I am prepared to pay about £50. Have you any recommendations.David J. Morgan
Link 1: Click here for printers
Link 2: Click here for canon printers