Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

How can I obtain software to download images from a Canon EOS300D

Customer Question

How can I obtain software to download images from a Canon EOS300D to a Windows 10 laptop?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.you do not need a software on windows 10 to download your pictures from the camera.Connect the camera to any 2.0 usb port on the computer the computer should detect the camera and open a new drive folder you can browse to dcim folder and then open camera folder you will see all the pictures you have shoot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you indicated does not work. You said "should" rather than "does" so presumably you haven't tried it. I have been in touch with other guys on the web with exactly the same problem. Same camera with Windows 10.
I will let the question open to other experts for there views and input.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Turn on the camera and click on the “Menu” button on the left edge of the display.
Navigate (with help of the control pad) to the fourth tab of the cameras menu.
Switch the menu item “Connection” from “normal” to “PTP” .
Then go to computer on windows 10, click on This Pc and tell me what is listed under there please.
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I was what some would call an "expert" in my own field (now retired) but I used to prefer to call myself a "specialist" as it is up to others to decide whether you are actually an expert. Richard, you are an expert. Thank you very much, photos downloaded. Who knows, if I haven't truly cracked it, I might be back in future for the next download.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good to hear and thank you for the Kind words.
This site refers to me as an expert, I would also say I am a specialist, and totally agree with your statement.
Thanks and if you ever need anything else, please let me know