*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Canon Pixma MG5350 has a message on the small lift up screen

Customer Question

My Canon Pixma MG5350 has a message on the small lift up screen which says:- 'Error code U071 and 'More than one ink tank of the following color is installed.' Yet I have been using the printer successfully since late 2013. How ca I solve this nonsense, please?
from IMG.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.The error is due to a corrupt ink cartridge chip. Canon will replace the defective ink cartridge for free if under warranty.You can try clearing the error by removing the cartridges and then power off the printer by unplugging it and leaving it unplugged for 30 minutes, then reconnect the power and reinstall the cartridges. Then check for the error. If the error returns then you will need to replace the ink cartridges. Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much.