Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon MG 3550 printer,which has been , last

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG 3550 printer,which has been ,for the last 6 days ,presented a problem.
Having downloaded Telegraph crossword onto print page,crossword grid only prints black squares, no clue number or black line borders. Clues across and down are printed very clearly. Can you please help or advise ?
***** ***** Poole. Dorset.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it only with the crossword you have the problem? All other documents print ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes all other docs print ok.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide me the file your printing please so I can check it?
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The file my husband can not print correctly is the printable quick crossword from The Daily Telegraph, the crossword questions have printed correctly but the grid seems to contain no black ink. Whether this is the fault of the Canon printer or the download I am unsure.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The canon printer is fine as no other documents have the issue.
But I need to look at one of the files please, can you provide it to me?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The file number is ***** 982398. I am rather worried about access for remote use, as we have been warned many times about fraudulent use of our documents.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I understand and your right to be worried, but we are a service in business for 13 years, and I am a veteran here who does this every day. If I did anything, it would be easy to find me, but its no problem.
What the warnings are about are people calling you out of the blue and asking for access to your computer, that you have to watch out for.
The file looks ok. Change the black cartridge in the printer with a new one and try to print. Tell me if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have changed the black cartridge and found that it made no difference when printing from their website. However if I copy the Telegraph's crossword and paste to windows office then the grid prints perfectly. So I think it may be a problem with the website download, what do you think?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as it prints perfect for me in the file you gave, so it will be a small change they made on the site. I though maybe the black cartridge but we ruled that out.
Copy it to office and print from there, this will bypass the change they did on the website.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard, now I can give my computer illiterate husband a bollocking, as he never believes what I said in the first place.
Have a great day
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Go for it!! You should be able to dish it when your right :-)