Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

MSDuo SD printer trying to replace ink cartridge - now find

Customer Question

MSDuo SD printer trying to replace ink cartridge - now find CL-541 & PG540 were fitted I bought refills at same time but these are CL541XL & PG541XL - following instructions got to the insert bit and device is saying cartridge not recognised support code 1687 havent tried the black yet but expect the same. Please advise
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you use a napkin and some cleaning alcohol and clean the contact points on the cartridge and the contacts in the print head in the printer.
Make sure they are completely clean, then wait 5 minutes for it to dry, put the cartridges in and tell me if you still get the error please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what's cleaning alcohol? I am not in an office environment, home based so no access to techy stuff
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its an alcohol based cleaning product.
Do you have any rubbing alcohol or distilled spirits? eg; Vodka, as that can be a substitute.