Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

ThereI have just got my first second hand Nikon d50 camera

hi there
I have just got my first second hand Nikon d50 camera so I am a beginner
The flash works perfect with the kit lens that came with it
I have bought a 80 200mm 400mm manual zoon lens When fitted and camera put on manual the built in flash does not flash.
The shutter works with flash down though pitcher is very dark. But when I press button for built in flash to lift I cant take a pitcher is it something I am doing wrong
Dave
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with over 20 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today. OK. First, the onboard flash is only good for about 10 feet. For greater distances you need a more powerful external flash. Be sure it is compatible though. Many are the wrong voltage and can fry your camera. Even these have a limited range. Anything over about 30 ft. will need to use ambient light. Please provide a positive Rating so that I may be credited for my efforts. If I can be of further assistance, please ask rather than leave a negative response. Thank YouRick