RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Fuji fine pix40fd, fine pixf80EXR. fine pix HS30 EXR All three

Fuji fine pix40fd, fine pixf80EXR. fine pix HS30 EXR All three of these cameras fail to download photos to Adobe Photoshop Elements 14. when the cameras are recognised the message for all are 'No valid files found', 'This device does not contain any supported media'. Photos were downloaded normally for many months perfectly then it stopped downloading. I installed Elements 14 hoping that it would cure the fault but it is still the same. Can you help me?
Derek Ikin
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Hi Derek, What is your computer operating system? Have there been any system updates or upgrades, automatic or otherwise, since the last time you were able to download your photos?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 -widows 7 before. It hasn't downloaded for a long time - before installation of windows 10 and there have been updates since it stopped downloading. Nothing much before it went wrong.
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Please go to the page at the link below, find your cameras in the list and follow the instructions from Fujifilm. http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n150811.html While not the most popular suggestion, this one depending on your computer configuration may be the only way around the problem and much less risky than the firmware update process. Because of multiple intermittent compatibility issues with the camera connections and current operating systems, my other suggestion is to get an inexpensive usb memory card reader. You can take your memory card from the camera and plug it into the computer. The card will show up as a removable drive in "My Computer" and you can copy the photo files to a folder on your hard drive and view and print them from Windows or even transfer them from the card into the Adobe Photoshop software. Personally, I prefer this method due to the simplicity and reduced wear and tear on the camera.Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russ - can you tell me if it is a camera problem or a computer fault?
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Operating system fault. The security updates to Windows 7 and virus protection programs started to interfere with the camera connections some time ago. I have seen many cases where the connection worked one day and would not work the next. Windows 10 is incompatible with the USB connection process for any Fujifilm camera without updated firmware.