Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My new MG5650 Printers works fine when connected by USB. I

Customer Question

My new MG5650 Printers works fine when connected by USB. I want to connect wirelessly. I have uninstalled the printer and have a good Wi-Fi signal via a BT Router. Wireless install does not detect my printer. Is there something missing from my Desktop Computer, or am I doing something wrong ?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You first need to connect the printer to the computer, so run the installation again, connect it via USB when it asks and choose to connect it to your wireless network.
Follow the onscreen instructions and when done, you can disconnect the USB cable and print via wireless.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Printer re-installed works fine on USB again, now shows in the box as the selected printer, but NOT recognised as listed in the ADD PRINTER BOX.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You needed to add it to the wireless network as you installed it, as per the instructions I gave.
Then it will be there in the list, there is no need to choose Add Printer.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system is telling me to close "Team Viewer" and I cannot see a new I.D or Password. I do have Team Viewer on my system with a number that my son has used.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If it says to close it, then you already have it open.
Please look at your Task bar at the bottom as it will be there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
679 287 245
696ahv
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting