nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Message says Ink absorber almost full. what does it mean and

message says Ink absorber almost full. what does it mean and what do I do
Category: Digital Cameras
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon ip4700, Ink absorber almost full, what does it mean and what do I do
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Canon printers use small, spongy pads to absorb excess ink that accumulates while printing and cleaning the print heads. When these pads are saturated, the printer will notify you with an error message such as "Ink Absorber Full." Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. First try to reset the absorber by following these steps.Make sure the printer is turned off.Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.Release the Power button.Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).Turn off the printer and then turn it on again.If the error remains, then cleaning the Ink absorber is required. Reply for further assistance.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I clean the ink absorber
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I clean the absorber
Fill a large bowl with warm, soapy water and set it aside. Put on the rubber gloves.Open the ink cartridge compartment. Depending on your Canon printer model, this compartment may be in the front or the back of the machine.Wait for the ink cartridges to move all the way over, then disconnect the printer's power cord.Look for a black rubber frame under the ink cartridge assembly. This contains the ink absorbing pads.Pull the rubber frame out of the printer and remove the ink absorbing pads. The number of pads varies by model.Place the pads in the bowl. Rub and squeeze them to remove the ink. When the water becomes opaque with ink, discard the solution and refill the bowl with more warm, soapy water. Continue this procedure until all ink is removed from the pads.Squeeze the excess water from the pads and place them on a stack of three or four paper towels to dry.Check the pads every hour to determine if they are dry. If the paper towels become saturated, change them out.Place the pads back in the rubber frame when they are completely dry. Reinstall the frame in the printer.Press and hold the "Power" button and reconnect the power cord. When the printer comes on, release the button. Wait five seconds and push the "Power" button again. This resets the printer's internal memory and overrides the "Ink Absorber Full" error code.