michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My MG5250 printer has a B200 error message. What should I

My MG5250 printer has a B200 error message. What should I do?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
The error code b200 usually indicates an issue with printheadthere are few intermediate steps that we can tryremove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forthalso clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on itclean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcoholonce these steps have been done turn on printer and checkif even after that the error code continues the printhead may need to be replaced..if unit is within warranty you may contact canon at 1-800-OK-CANON else if out of warranty you may get it serviced through a local printer repair storei hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work againLet me know if you have any questions.I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. If you are unable to follow the steps i gave feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
For using our service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Michelle. I have tried all your moves, but still no joy. Guess I need a new printer.