Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

How do I correct the settings after installing new print cartridges

How do I correct the settings after installing new print cartridges in my Canon Pixma MG 3150; it's printing blurred, never happened before.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I want you please to perform a print head clean on the printer as this is the most common cause.
To do this
Make sure that the power is turned on.
Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until H is displayed.
Press the Color button.
The machine starts cleaning the print head.
Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.
Once done, tell me please how it now prints.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no maintenace button
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its the button with the screwdriver and wrench next to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No difference; there's something about re-aligning the print heads came up when I first switched on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but its not clear, no difference in that you cannot find the button?
Or you did my instructions?
If you did do my instructions, can you choose from the maintenance menu to do a re-alignment of the print head and tell me if it then improves please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the button and it performed the operation.
Really miss not having an instruction manual - what is the symbol on the maintenance menu to start re-alignment?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the lower case u, please select this to do it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that; printing still blurred
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, take the ink cartridges out, and using a q-tip, clean out the area where the ink cartridges go in, and clean it out as best as possible, if you can use Alcohol for this, this is best.
Then let it dry out and tell me if it's now printing correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that; no diference at all, still printing blurred.Sorry, have to go out now, but thank you ffor trying.Is there anywher I can get a printed manual>
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can get the manual here
http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3150.aspx?type=manuals&language=
I would try different cartridges, and if it still occurs, do a deep clean of the print head, its in the manual but any issues, let me know here, thats no problem.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.