Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I had a finepix f31d which I used photos and

Customer Question

Hi I had a finepix f31d which I used for taking photos and video in mobile disco situations and loved the rich colours and low light capability. My daughter need a small camera and I have therfore bought a S8600 series camra. on Auto as I used to use the F31d the results are very grainy and washed out. Have I made the wrong choice or is it down to settings?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think you might want to try using High Key mode.Obligatory White Balance sounds odd. Try a Reset of the camera, to default settings values. Grainy pictures, taken with this camera, mean that the settings are athigh sensitivityand/orlow shutter speedsand are commonly called 'noise' in pictures. This can be dealt with by either shooting at higher ISO setting value, or with a shorter exposure time.In my personal terms, this happens in low lighting situations... and a little more light might be better. Or using the High Key mode (or the Low Key mode doubtfully, could be tried). If this answers your question fully, please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks.