RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have a FUJI A850 camera. All I can get is a frozen ghostly

I have a FUJI A850 camera. All I can get is a frozen ghostly image.The camera will not perform any other function. the camera has worked well up to this point.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Hi, There is one thing before truing to send the camera away for service: Try a hard reset:Remove the battery, memory card (if installed) and disconnect any usb cables. Press and hold the ON/OFF button for 5 seconds . Allow the camera to sit idle for 30 minutes. Press and hold the ON/OFF button for 5 seconds again. Reinstall the battery without the memory card and try to power on. Please let me know the result. If there is no improvement, I did find a Fujifilm Support link that will allow you to enter your model and process a request. http://warranty.fujifilm-digital.com/register/gb/en Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well. If the "do it yourself" approach doesn't work out for you and you need conventional repair, please let me know.If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or has provided a reasonable alternative solution, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately your suggestion didn't work. Dito the Fuji website.
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Is the display completely obscured, inclusive of the menus and previously taken photos?
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Direct used replacements are available for less than the cost of repair on Ebay at the link below. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Digital-Cameras-/31388/i.html?_from=R40&_sac=1&_nkw=finepix+a850