Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Where is and how do I clean the ink absorber in a Canon MP220

Where is and how do I clean the ink absorber in a Canon MP220 printer ?
Regards, ***** *****
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Mr Crown and welcomethis should remove the message for you] Switch the printer off2] Press and hold Resume Button (triangle in the circle) and press Power button, green led should be on3] While holding the Power button, release the Resume Button4] Without releasing the Power Button, press Resume button twice and release both buttons5] Press Resume 4 times then press Power button to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber)6] Turn off the printer and turn on again Can you then print?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I get into service mode ok. When I press resume button 4 times the display screen remains blank, should options scroll in this screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes it should but even if it is not, complete the instructions and tell me if it clears please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, still unable to print
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then we will attempt it using the alternative procedure1] Turn off; hold Resume (red triangle in a circle)2] Press and hold the Power button3] Release Resume while still holding Power4] Press Resume twice then release Power,5] Printer will start in Canon Mode, wait till ‘Idle’ is displayed6] Press Resume 4 times7] Press Power to confirm8] Press Power to turn offTell me if it then works please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that worked !For your information, there is no scrolling on the display screen to tell you what is happening. Also you need to step away from the printer for a few seconds between steps 7 and 8, there is a pause by the printer at this point before any thing happens or appears to change, then you can hear the cartride carriage moving backwards and forwards. Be patient and only switch off when the printer has decidedly stopped any action.Regards, Trevor
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect and thank you for the feedback TrevorIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.Thank you