nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Pixma Pro-1 printer attached to iMac 27inch late 2013

I have a Pixma Pro-1 printer attached to iMac 27inch late 2013 model running El Capitan latest update.
I am unable to print from any Adobe Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC or Canon Easy Photo Print Pro, but have been able to run Print head alignment utility from printer and print text from Pages
Error message reads Support Code : 306 A communication error has occurred. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer. Then try printing again." and "Unable to send data to printer"
Have tried disconnecting and reconnecting and swapping USB ports but no joy.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Have you recently updated your iMAC?Try downloading the drivers again from this link. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already done that - sorry should have said.
This problem occurred after the update,right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's correct. I also verified that I'm running latest firmware
This error has occurred because after the update, the driver software of the printer is no longer compatible. Canon has not released any update for this version yet. But they will soon roll out the update for this. Till then you can only wait as there is no fix for this. You can only rollback the update to previous version if you want to use the printer right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great ... at least I know what the problem is . Pity Canon and Apple can't keep in sync. This ain't the first time!
Many users have reported this. Now either Apple will fix this sync issue or Canon. But will surely be fixed soon. Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my services.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Thanks for the help.
Thanks in advance. Helping out my customers is my primary job. Cheers.Regards Nathan.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PS: You need to click the stars present on the upper panel to rate the service.
Hi Tony,You have not rated the chat yet. Is there anything else i can help you with. Respond accordingly.RegardsNathan