Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

No matter waht mode I'm in with my E-M5 II res moded will

No matter waht mode I'm in with my E-M5 II hi res moded will not select
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If Hi-Res Mode will not actually come into operation, then are you filming in odd circumstances, in regard to lighting, distance to the subject, etc. ? that might limit the going into Hi-Res, esp. if the lighting is dim. Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again. Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again. How long has the battery or batteries in the camera been in-use?How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it. Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. There's a couple of things for me to try.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let me know the result... I may have more to offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've took the battery out for 24 hours and restarted the camera but it didn't reset to factory defaults so I've taken out the battery again and will leave it out for a couple of days and see if that works.What precipitated the problem was setting the hi-res to myset and assigning the Art setting on the mode dial to bring up myset and then deleting the myset as I realised that using the mode dial was turning on myset when selecting Scene. I hope that makes sense?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That may make some sense of the situation.While the batteries are out, try pressing the POWER button or switch, at least briefly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell, just for your information the problem is now fixed and part of it was the operator, me, not understanding the camera logic. I thought you might like the answer though in case you get asked again. The camera will reset but remembers that you had the hi-res mode and you have to go back into the Hi-res timer and press the OK button three times to reactivate the hi-res function. One cannot it seems just switch the hi-res mode on and off using OK with the "off" selected to make it turn to on. I hope that makes sense?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think it might make sense... though using the OK button to reverse the Off selection to make it On, does not quite make sense to me, yet. Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd certainly consult with you again if the need arises.