Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Fujifilm finepix f500exr. cannot download photos from camera

fujifilm finepix f500exr. cannot download photos from camera to new pc using Picassa on windows 10
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeAre you getting an error when you try to download the photos?Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have formatted a different memory card which is in the camera now as I have been trying to folow online instructions . I can't remember what the error message was.I was using a usb cable to download to a new pc with windows 10. Just realised I can put the card directly into a slot on the pc.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you can also do that, though formatting the card can also resolve any data corruption issues on the card.If you put the card directly into the computer, can you access the photos?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put both cards into the computer (the original one with the photos on which I want to download and the formatted card) and both bring the finepixviewer menu (one with photos I wish to download and the other blank).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I currently have the formatted (blank) card in the pc and could try to access the menus.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, as its formatted it will be blank, so put it in the camera, take a photo, put it in the computer and tell me if it can be read in the computer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't believe it - it says memory full - and I can't take a photo !! I know I'm going senile but this is driving me mad.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its ok, likely the card is the issue here.Take the card out and it will have a small lever on it for locking and unlocking.Is it in the locked or unlocked position?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its unlocked but is the original 16 card supplied with the camera which I have replaced with a 4gb card which has the photos on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I must have pressed the wrong button!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then the card is at issue here so you need to avoid using it, either its faulty (likely) or incompatible with the cameraBut you have a working card., so use this with the camera and you will be fine. If you need additional capacity, you can purchase a large card for the camera.I also saw you requested a phone call, did you want me to call you about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you have the time I would appreciate a quick call 01444 452463
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but its an additional service Chris, as its more time and costs on my side.I made the offer, accept it and I can then call you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Did you wish for me to call Chris to discuss the last answer I gave you? It is optional of course, just let me know please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid £13 before I saw the offer of a free trial and don't wish to pay any more. I have put card with photos in pc but cannot see how to download. If you cannot advise further I will continue to try.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you asked for a phone call Chris and I am only indicating it costs more.Now, I initial asked you"If you put the card directly into the computer, can you access the photos?"you said one indicates memory is full and we checked the card and ruled it out as faulty or incompatible, once confirming the lock was removed.I asked you what happens now when you put the other card into the computer. I still did not get an answer on this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get the finepix viewer menu and all the photos displayed in a file
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so its working and this was the statement I made before, perhaps in between requesting the phone call you may have missed it, no problem, I will repeat.the other card is at issue here so you need to avoid using it, either its faulty (likely) or incompatible with the cameraBut you have a working card., so use this with the camera and you will be fine. If you need additional capacity, you can purchase a large card for the camera.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All I need to do now is work out how to download photos from the card to Picassa on my pc. The other card is in the bin.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now with the card in the computer, open Picasa, click on Import, choose the drive that is the card and you can then import the photos.let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Success. Thanks for support.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank you