Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Canon Printer iP3600. enough paper/inks, but horrendous grinding

Canon Printer iP3600.
enough paper/inks, but horrendous grinding noise when ink trolley moves left to right, - no apparent paper trapped, but dosnt print.
Q. Can I fix it or get a worthwhile repair?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I don't think that you will be able to fix this kind of problem. Especially not if it has been long-standing, which points toward a manufactured-that-way,-badly sort of problem. For the ink carriage moving with apparent noisy difficulty, that could be a problem with either electronic controls, or similar defect(s). The best chance at a worthwhile repair, would be if the printer were still within 1 year of its original purchase date. That would mean, Canon would fix it under warranty terms, free-of-charge. (Provided you still have records of the purchase date - a sales slip, or credit card records, for instance.)