nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a finepix j32 ser no. 9uv13475. i am an absolute novice.

i have a finepix j32 ser no. 9uv13475. i am an absolute novice. i unable to remove the 'protect' instruction, it appears to remain permanently in place. i have tried following the manuals' instructions without success. Can you help please.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi John. Welcome to justanswer.What message is being displayed regarding PROTECT?
Is PROTECT (With a key sign) displayed on top left of the screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Then what do you mean by Protect instruction?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a key emblem and the word 'protect' are displayed on the 'playback' menu
I was asking about the same.Is it displayed over the pictures clicked by the camera or on the live screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not visible on either
'Protect' function protects pictures from accidental deletion. You want to remove this feature, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to deactivate the feature but reactivate if needed. is this possible?
Yes this is possible. Now to remove this feature, follow these steps:Go to Playback Menu and for that first go to playback mode by pressing the button whose image I have attached. Check it.Then press the Menu/Ok button and the playback menu will be displayed. Now using the Up/Down selector, come down to PROTECT.Now using the Right/Left selector, you will see some options. When you see RESET ALL, press Menu/Ok button. It will take some time depending on the number of pictures stored in your camera. Once done you will be good to go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand this instruction. please will you email it to me. Thank you for your help
Are you able to follow the instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thanks.
Now if you want this feature back, then follow the first two steps and when you reach PROTECT, press the Right/Left button till you see the SET ALL, then press Menu/OK to protect all pictures.
Do you need any other assistance?
Sorry John but I am not allowed to communicate via external mediums.You will have this conversation saved in your justanswer account. Please rate the service POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my answer. For rating the chat click the stars present on the upper panel. Thanks.Regards Nathan
Thanks for the ratings John. Cheers!