michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

Dear Sirs, I have a Cannon MG6650 Printer which is virtually

Customer Question

Dear Sirs,
I have a Cannon MG6650 Printer which is virtually new, but after loading in approx. 20 sheets of paper, they have all gone in and after checking the on-line manual, I am unable to reach the paper and I have checked on the roller, but they have not got that far through. it appears they are just jammed in the tray, too far to get to.
Can you advise please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 9 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting youis the paper visible and accessible by hand
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hellop0Customer
The edge of the paper is visible, but cannot get hold of it to pull out. I have tried with 2 pairs of tweezers, but just tears off small pieces.
turn off printer and unplug power cord and keep the ON button pressed for 10 secs\wait for a minutenow blow some air near the printing areatry to grab just one or 2 sheets and let me know if you are able to pull it out
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorrty, cannot m ove it, even wit5h tweezers.
ok...open the cover and manually slide the carriage assembly to and fro 2-3 timesalso blow some air in these areas and then try pulling out paperalso check if you can open the rear cover
there is a tab in the rear..press it and it will open the rear cover..this will give you access to the transport unittry pulling out paper from there
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, I can't move the carriage . I did open the rear cover as per the manual instructions, but there was no paper showing.
ok and if you open the top cover, can you remove the cartridges from the printer and check if paper is visible at the back of the encoder plastic strip in the printing area
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry (again, but I can only get out 2 ink cartridges, but there is no paper showing. also, I mentioned I opened the rear roller type cover as per the manual and there is no paper there. But to add one problem after another, to open the rear case, you have to press down on the left hand side when on end, but I can't get the thing to stay shut. Any ideas?
ok firstly this situation of all sheets getting pulled and getting stuck usually occours when printer trys to print or feed paper immediately after being turned on..ideally you should wait for 5 mins after turning on printer and the start any printing operationsas you have already checked the input output and rear areas and still the paper is not accessible andl you are unable to pull out the stuck paper, advanced steps that i may suggest can affect the warranty coverage of the unit and considering that this is a new printer, i would suggest to call canon and get an inwarranty service scheduled to get the paper jam removed
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
O.K; thank's anyway.
the canon contact number for czech republic as that is our location i see on this page is +420 22 5280 111however if there is another number mentioned on the printer packing material you may call that as well
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.