Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My canon pro 10 printer has a clogged nozzle which will not

My canon pro 10 printer has a clogged nozzle which will not clear. do i have to replace the whole head.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. You may have to replace the whole printhead, yes, in a Canon model of printer. (In HP models, many of them have the printhead included in each ink cartridge, a different system.) But first you might want to try the following procedure: I think you should try a certain cleaning procedure that I have found effective, first. In outline:1. Clean the printhead (using the Maintenance functions of your printer, not manually.)2. Wait 1/2 hour to several hours or overnight, leaving the printer On but unused (no print jobs, etc.)This allows waste ink to soak into the printhead and hopefully dissolve dried ink etc.3. Clean the printhead a second time.4. Wait again (as in step 2 above) for 1/2 hr. to several hrs., printer On but unused.5. Clean the printhead a third time.Then test whether ink is showing up at all in prints at this point. If it is, even faintly, then repeating this procedure will (eventually, at the cost of a certain amount of ink wasted in the process) clear up the clogged printhead. After that fails, if it does fail, what you need to do is to decide whether replacing the printhead (which will cost something considerable, more than you would think usually) is better, given the printer's age, or whether it would be more preferable for you to replace the printer altogether with a new one (and hopefully recycle the old printer, always a good idea.) So try the triple-cleaning-with-wait-times that I recommended, and get back to me if it doesn't work for you (so I can advise you further...)... or if it does help (- I always like to hear that something I recommended has worked!)