Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

EOS 600d image and picture colour distorted. Sometimes it corrects

EOS 600d image and picture colour distorted. Sometimes it corrects itself but mostly it is distorted
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Keith and welcomeyou have already done a few steps.Have you also tried a different Memory card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Different card but same brand Kingston 16gb but camera shows the same distortion without a card
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksRemove the battery pleaseThen hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.Put the battery back in and turn on the camera and tell me if the photos now show better please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Camera won't switch back on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem still there - dont worry about phoning
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
oh I just see not to call..Is the battery charged up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I charged it yesterday but its not a new battery
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, put it in the charger for 10 minutes, then in the camera and tell me if it now comes on please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok doing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok back on line. Battery in and distortion still there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal imaging chip that is faulting. It is not receiving all light as sensors on it are failing, the image quality will get worse I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have the mainboard that it resides on, replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bad news but I was beginning to suspect hardware. is there a reason sometimes it is ok?
The camera is out warranty is it likely to be a costly repair - I only ask so I can decide whether it is worth it.Thanks for trying
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If it is out of warranty it is not worth it Kieth, as the mainboard and labour is more costly then a replacement camera.The chips wear out over time as the sensors become numb to light after repeated use. The lifetime of them depends on how well they were manufactured and the quality of the material.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again and goodbye