Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Powershot SX710HS Connected successfully to my PC with WiFi.

Powershot SX710HS
Connected successfully to my PC with WiFi. When upgrading from W7 to W10 I lost the connection and cannot get it back. The camera searches for a connection but nothing happens. Grateful for your advice.
Heinz
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Heinz and welcomeCan you please uninstall the cameras software from the computer.Then restart the computer, install the software again and tell me if it now works please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
Thank you for your advice. If I restart the computer I will lose you and unlikely will be able to get back to you.
The only camera software I had installed is Canon Utilities CameraWindow DC* which I have now uninstalled.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can return here, just add the web page to your favorites by press CTRL + DOr check your emails with a link back to me here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I'm not sure what camera software I should be installing so this may take some time.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The camera window, that you just uninstalled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll do that and revert.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I hope you are still there.
I uninstalled the software; shut down and restarted the PC, re-installed the CameraWindow DC8 software.
Regret, still same problem. Camera will not connect to the device.
Heinz
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Whats the error the camera now gives?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no error message. The camera simply attempts to connect to the device indefinitely.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the battery to the camera and then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.Then put the battery in again, and turn it on and try to connect.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Will do.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done, but no joy. It just keeps searching.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It now sent a message "Device not found"
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to the Settings on the Camera and choose Reset All to reset the camera.Then try to connect againLet me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Will do.Done but no. Still searching for device
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksIts an incompatibility with windows 10 then, its not slated to work with windows 10, but there are some tricks that can in some instances get it to work, but we have exhausted these.You would either need to revert to windows 7 again if we can, or transfer using the cable.Can you tell me which option you would prefer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable is the only option, which I was already considering. Which USB cable should I get?I accept that this is not Canon's problem but still disappointing. Is there a fix in the pipeline?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has been indicated yet, and I can understand your disappointment, I am sorry about this, I have no control over the process.You can get the cable though here and use thishttp://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WUW5PCO?psc=1If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You, ***** ***** do.