Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I HAVE SET UP MY NEW CANON PRINTER, BUT CANT SEEM TO SCAN.

Customer Question

I HAVE SET UP MY NEW CANON PRINTER, BUT CANT SEEM TO SCAN. CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try testing the basic scanning functions by running a photocopy, first.Second, tell me about the symptoms of not scanning: - What software are you trying to scan with?- What error message or condition do you get when you try?- What Windows version (or if an Apple computer, what MAC OS X version) is on the computer you are trying to scan with ? Let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok its able to photocopy. we have an apple mac OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5
We have now managed to scan to a copy, but we want it to scan to the computer on my desktop.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.) Good. Is the printer/scanner networked?Or is it on a USB cable connection? Please give me, also, one other bit of information:- What is the model # ***** the Canon device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes to question 1
canon MG4250
no usb connection. its wi-fi
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, we seem to have cracked the problem and can now scan to the computer.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Probably your firewall was blocking the scanner channel of communication over a WiFi network. I hope I guided you toward a solution. Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com. Please rate my work, my answer.