Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Sl 240 has stopped being recognised by the computer. Therefore

sl 240 has stopped being recognised by the computer. Therefore downloading via cable not possible?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you please plug the sl 240 into a different USB port on the computer. Once done, tell me if it is then detected.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same. Still not recognising the camera. Screen remains blank.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, is the camera though working as normal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Everything fine.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which version of windows do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Click start, computerClick on Computer in the new window and tell me what is listed under it please I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New Window? I think that you may be asking what is shown: Acer C and DVD RW:Acer C has Fujifilm in Program fi9x86). Is this what you are looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Files x86
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The drives, so like C Drive, D Drive ect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On C Driver Acer Program files, Fujifilm, My Finpix studio. (There are a host of other files). This is it for Fuji?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, not in C Drive, under Computer.So C Drive, D Drive, all the drives listed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only c drive (I removed the CD from D)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** then likely the cable.Can you use a different cable for the camera and tell me if it is then detected please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a problem in that the camera has a very small usb. Adaptors do not seem to work. When camera is switched on all is fine as soon as cable attached then screen goes blank.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but we need to rule out the cable, do you have another there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fault must lie between the cable and the camera. Fuji have a very specific cable and it is not a size that has standard adaptors. Until I can get a cable or an adaptor progress must be limited or negative. I think that we may need to stop at this point.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you have another computer there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Have connected. Camera is not recognised > either cable or camera. Therefore probably need to go to Fuji for them to open up and check. Can over come issue in the short term probably with a card reader.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, a card reader will work, but nearly always its the cable.Cable you can get at most electronics or camera stores, and with this it should again be detected else its the port on the camera and you would need to take the camera in to have this replaced.I will mark this question to never close, so any issues at all, just let me know here, this is no problem.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.Thank you
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman