RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

I have switched on my Nikon d5200 and the monitor is not coming

Customer Question

I have switched on my Nikon d5200 and the monitor is not coming on
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Is the monitor non-functional in all modes, including Menu and playback?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, (sorry for delay, on holiday - without camera!).
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Are there any indications that the camera is actually on? Indicator lights? Lens movement?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No indicator lights on but the fstop and shutter speed are indicated through the view finder.
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.
Hi, What you have described sounds like the malfunction is being caused by a failed internal component, or software lock up, but, a hard reset may restore operation. Remove the lens, battery and the memory card. Switch the camera to ON and allow it to sit idle for 30 minutes. Switch the camera to OFF and reinstall the battery and card and mount the lens. Power the camera up and attempt to take a few shots. If the unit does not respond normally, it will require service. Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well. If the "do it yourself" approach doesn't work out for you and you need conventional repair, please let me know.If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or has provided a reasonable alternative solution, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.Thank you