Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have an EOS 350D camera. Until recently I was able to download

I have an EOS 350D camera. Until recently I was able to download pictures from the camera to my computer using zoombrowser. When I try now the camera window does not appear. Is there a more up to date version of Canon software to help me please.. Thank you Martin
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhich version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksConnect the camera to a different USB port on the computer.Does Zoombrowser then open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes zoombrowser opens but when I click on acquire the camera window still wont open
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do you have another computer there? As it will help to rule out a number of causes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I tried it on my laptop also on Win 7 but with the same result.
I did hear that zoombrowser wsa being replaced by imagebrowser. Is that available to download for free?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, but its not the issue if it fails on two computers.It is the camera or the cable.Can you connect using a different cable and tell me if it then works please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have the one cable for this camera. I don't see how it can be the cable as I can go on to 'my computer' and look at the camera that way and download images. Problem is that the images are not tagged in date order as they used to be.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes it happens on both computers correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes both computers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the battery and then hold the shutter button on the camera for 60 seconds then release.Then put the battery back in, turn on the camera, connect it and tell me if it now functions in the app correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that but still no joy. Camera screen shows 'busy' but still no 'Camera Window' when I click 'Acquire'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, Do you have a memory card reader in the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
N o but I have a separate Sandisk reader
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, put the card in that and download the photos from that directly to your computer.Then put the card back in the camera, format the card within the camera, take a photo and then try connecting to the computer and tell me if it now works please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rather than do that I have put a different card into the camera and formatted it. Taken a picture and opened zoombrowser again.
Click on Acquire but no camera window appears
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we need to rule out the cable, so you will need to try with a different cable for us to proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no other cable so will have to give it up. I will just have to download images from the card itself instead of the camera. Have to sign off now. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will mark the question to not close till you have the cable.Again, as it is multiple computers its happening on it is a very likely cause for the issue so we have to rule this out now.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit. Thank you
Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman