Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon MG4250 , I have haven't used while I keeps

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG4250 , I have haven't used for a while I keeps flashing up
Printer Error
Follow the steps below
Cancel all printing
then turn off
turn on again
I have not used the printer for a few months so I am unable to cancel any printing jobs , however I have switched it off and on , I have also tried to press the home button , its still not working please help :)
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs it giving you an actual error code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Support code 5011
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then do this turn the printer off, then lift the lid of the printer (including the scanner portion) and then while the lid is open, turn on the printer.Does it then function?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No still the same ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I gave two instructions as in between you gave me the error code, which one did you just do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I lifted the lid off the scanner no difference.I have unplugged it just waiting another 5 mins
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
still the same error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the ink cartridges, then turn it off, then on, then put the ink back in and tell me if it clears the error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no still the same error
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal print head that has faulted.We have ruled out all other causes for thisI am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcomeIf you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submitThank you