Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Trying to dowload photos from Canon Camera PowerShot G9X to

Trying to dowload photos from Canon Camera PowerShot G9X to Apple ipad using a (non Canon) IFC plugged into a 'converter' plugged into the ipad. Message on IPAd is - 'Cannot use Device - Canon Digital Camera - The connected device requires too much power'. I have managed to dowload to ipad by this method from FUJII cameras. Can you please advise how I can download from the G9X? (Works ok to my PC)
Neil
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomethe converter you have, does it allow a connection to a power adapter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - it's just a 'see through plug' - USB in - Apple male out.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the issue is the camera is drawing too much power and the iPad stops this to stop any damage done to it.This you cannot avoid sorry.I checked and it also does not do it via wifi.,What you need to do is connect the memory card directly to the iPad and you can use this adapter for thishttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Lightning-Camera-Reader-MD822DK_A/dp/B00A6TOWXGThen get the photos directly on the iPad via this.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you