Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My MG3550 printer/scanner will not power up. The green power

My MG3550 printer/scanner will not power up. The green power light comes on together with the light indicating 4" x 6" photo paper. There is no wifi connection and the computer connected by cable cannot find the printer. Switching on and off at the mains does nothing. There is no movement of the carriage or printer head.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that, nothing changed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you try to move the ink carriage by hand with it on please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This can get it unstuck and get it moving again. Let me know if it does please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can get it unstuck?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Moving it by hand, this was part of the instructions I sent Andrew, you may have missed it, will repeat.Can you try to move the ink carriage by hand with it on please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No go, the ink carriage is still parked in right hand corner. Nothing I do will move it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** hoping it was a stuck gear which this would have released, but its the drive motor that has faulted I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I suspected. Thanks. Do I get charged for this?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes... You have already paid the deposit which was for my service to rule out the causes for this and if still not working to tell you what is at fault and what needs to be done to resolve it. This is the service from me you paid for Andrew.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you