Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

CanoScan LiDE 110 Internal error message 5,202,54. What does

CanoScan LiDE 110 Internal error message 5,202,54. What does that mean? Is there a remedy?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomethis error can occur if your computer is not able to power the scanner enough over USB.Do you have also the power adapter connected to the Scanner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the scanner is 3 years old and this problem has not occurred before
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanksCan you please it into a different USB port on your computer and tell me if it still gives the error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am worried that that you seem to be expert with cameras rather than scanners
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
actually I am an expert in a lot of categories, but mainly computers and peripherals (scanners, printers, cameras ect)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't like telephones!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I never mentioned a telephone...Sorry I am a little confused here as we seem to be discussing other subjects not related to this problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you wish to work with me on getting this resolved as I would prefer we worked on the actual problem.Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep getting the message "Call me", as if from you. I don't want to do that. I just want to be able to use my scanner.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ignore the call me, its from the website, and please do the instructions I have been asking you to do.... As you will see its an optional service from the website
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had any instructions yet since your first question which was about the power adapter. I presume that is included in the cable supplied by Canon. The scanner has worked OK till today.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it appears you missed this, I will repeat (you can see this if you scroll up on this page) Can you please it into a different USB port on your computer and tell me if it still gives the error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that and the scanner worked. What does that tell us then?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There was a communication issue on the USB port, windows can corrupt it for the scanner (other devices will work on it) but leave it connect on this port and it will be ok.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I then plugged the printer into the port that had been used for the scanner and that works OK
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it recreated the port for you, normally it remains an issue, and if you get the error again, use the second port on the computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but I am not techy enough to interpret " it recreated the port for you". I should apparently be OK by switching over the Printer/Scanner ports.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but its not important to understand what that means.Just note, if the error occurs again, use the second port I had you connect the scanner to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had been on the point of replacing the scanner with a new one. Would the error have persisted with a new machine? If so that would have been wasted money!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, it would have worked on a new computer also, but no need to purchase a new computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As you see, we fixed it for this computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, we have found a way of working around the problem even if the port itself has not been fixed!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you use this second portIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you