Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I purchased a Nikon S9900 Coolpix camera from ***** *****

Customer Question

Hi I purchased a Nikon S9900 Coolpix camera from ***** ***** last week . I used it today and the view screen has gone blank . Any suggestions as to what to do besides take back to shop.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. You could try doing a factory settings reset, but unfortunately, those require you have a screen working.Make sure the lens cap is not closed.Try recharging the battery for over 6+ hours in the charger or on the charger. Even if it reads as 'charged' before 6 hours have passed, keep charging it anyway. (This may be needed just once, if the camera has been in the shop for a while on the shelf or in its box.) After which, if the screen is still blank when turned On, by all means return it promptly as defective! and get either a refund, or another camera of the same or equivalent value and capabilities. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.