Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

We can no longer print good pictures - they seem to be in silhouette

Customer Question

we can no longer print good pictures - they seem to be in silhouette and bad colour eg. black sunglasses are printing white ! we have cleaned all the printer heads etc. but no change. other things we print from the pc are fine. The software doesn't seem to be speaking to the printer anymore. Please help
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan yo tell me please in which software this issue is occurring in?And which version of windows do you have?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuji finepix f300exr
xp on desktop and windows 7 on laptop ---- both have same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you said other things we print from the pc are fine. The software doesn't seem to be speaking to the printer anymore.So you mean this is only happening in one program correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes just finepix
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksOpen the photos within Microsoft Photos instead and print.How do they then come out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can't find microsoft photos programme on either the laptop or pc
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Right click on the photo and select Open With, you can then select it in the list.I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no menu response when you right click on a finepix photo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what happens when you double click it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happens
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
so your computer is now not responding at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the computer is working fine. it's always been frustrating to work with finepix , it is very limited to what you can do with the software. the only options are - load from camera, load from pc, edit, print, e-mail or slide show pics.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, press the windows key + EClick on ComputerThen click on the camera which will be one of the drives listed underneath itThen find one of the photos and double click it there please and it will then open in windows photoThen print from there.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed the windows key + E ...... clicked on computer
the only drives listed underneath are local disk c, recovery d, hp tools e and disk q
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Then it will be disk Q, so this is the camera.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
disk q is 'not accessible' ... access is denied
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the memory card from the camera, then put it into the computerWindows will then show a menu asking what you wish to do with the files.Select to View and then double click the photos to open them in windows Photo.Let me know the results please