Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Just got canon pixma mg2950 trying to install on ubuntu

Hi just got canon pixma mg2950 trying to install on ubuntu but cant can you help
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. When installing a printer onto ubuntu (or other Linux) it helps to find a package that covers that model line, if not that exact model of printer. Then you install that package. And if all's well, that's pretty much it.(Will you be printing via a USB cable connection? that may be rather simpler to set up, but it means you have to have USB drivers for your PC in good order in ubuntu, too. Also, as it turns out, the drivers provided for printing by Canon for this model, are only IJ drivers, that is, for a networked printer connection.) Canon themselves has issued two packages for Linux and your printer: one is 32-bit Linux -intended, the other, 64-bit Linux -intended: the 32-bit Linux one is here:http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2950.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Linux%20%2832-bit%29 the 64-bit Linux one is here:http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2950.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Linux%20%2864-bit%29 In both cases there are several package archives. The first is for Scanning, then there's an IJ Driver choice of package types (for setup of networked printers, not on a USB connection).