Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

Have a Casio QV-R51 , old I know but used very little. Appears

Have a Casio QV-R51 , old I know but used very little. Appears that damp has got into the lens, is this worth repairing, and about how much would it cost ?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Damp markings on the lens, would require the lens be disassembled and cleaned then reassembled. This would be fine optical work that you generally speaking should not attempt yourself. "Is it worth repairing"? that is a subjective question. I would say, it's up to you, but you might want to assess the rest of the camera's condition thoroughly, in order to be sure there are no other problems (or, if there are, to know how much will need to be done in order to get it into good shape altogether.) As for how much would be charged for that work... that is something I cannot estimate, since any shop might charge any amount it chooses (there is no standard rate for such a servicing.) If you would like info about shops local to you that might do this work, please mention your post code, and I will get that info for you.