Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon MP560 printer attached to my Acer computer by

I have a canon MP560 printer attached to my Acer computer by a wire and USB. Computer has just been for a health check and has had Windows 10 installed. I've reattached the printer as it was previously but it won't print. I get various messages including 'printer not responding' and 'printer in troubleshooting state'. Not sure what is happening. Any help appreciated! David Elliott
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there David and welcomeCan you connect the printer to a different USB port on the computer.Then wait 5 minutes then try to print.Let me know if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
I've tried that but I still get a printer dialogue box coming up saying that the 'printer is in error state'
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
No joy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid. Message now reads 'printer not responding'
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you have another computer available there David?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid not
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, click start, type indevices and click on devices and printers.then right click on your printer and select remove then restart the computer, reinstall the printer like when you first received it and tell me if it now works please. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
I've removed and reinstalled the printer. I had to do this manually as the computer could not detect the printer and provide me with the option to add it. I found it on the list of printers that comes up when you select the option to install a local printer. The message was that I had successfully added it but it still wont print and the printer status is shown as 'error'. Don't know if it is relevant but in the list of devices and printers under the graphic for the printer it now says 'Cannon MP560 [Copy 1]David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, disconnect the printer from the computer and then right click on copy 1 and remove itThen restart the computer, do not connect the printer to the computer but come here please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I've disconnected the USB connecting the computer to the printer, gone into devices and printers and removed the 'copy 1' printer and now restarted the computer. Hope I got that right!
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now go back to devices and printers.Anything listed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in Devices I have the PC and the Keyboard
in Printers I have Microsoft XPS Document writer which is now ticked [presumably as the default now that the other printer has gone] and a Fax which I used to have but don't any longer
David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now connect the printer to the computer, install it and tell me if it then works please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
Had to go through the same process as before as the computer did not detect the printer. I selected the printer from the list presented when I said I would install a local printer and the message I got was that I had successfully installed it. It has now reappeared in the printer section of Devices and Printers again marked 'Copy 1'. The computer offered a test page for printing to make sure the printer was working but this wont print and I just get the printer in error message again. Sorry!David
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks David It is the internal mainboard that has faulted in the printer. We have now confirmed this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you