Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a cannon power shot A49. Normally I just put the card

I have a cannon power shot A49. Normally I just put the card in my Lap top and download the pictures. However I have just upgraded it to Windows ten and now my laptop will not even open it! The cannon programme seems to have been removed too. I cannot find the original disc to re- install so unless you can help I have a very good very useless camera!!!!! I need the photos I took yesterday.
diane
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Diane and welcomeCan you connect the camera to the computer please.Then press the windows key + EIn the new window that opens, click on This PC, and you should see the camera there under This PC.Click the camera and you can then copy your photos from it to the computer.Let me know please how you go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks it's worked!! reason for delay had to find connecting cable. Knew I had one somewhere.
Also been in contact with Cannon and they have told me that my camera is incompatible with windows 10 as it does nor recognise it. You have just proved otherwise. Glad I found web site as I would have bought a new camera. Don't like using phone for important pictures. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome DianeWe support everything so we don't have the luxury of shifting the blame from one to the other eg: Canon to Microsoft.That's why your best suited to use us to solve your problems.Was a pleasure working with youRichard