Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon MG6450 printer shows error 5011, persisting through reboot

Canon MG6450 printer shows error 5011, persisting through reboot - print cartridges not moving, no attempt to print. Ideas please
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, done that (again). Still same message and code.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, can you remove the inl cartridges please, then power it off, power it on, put the cartridges back in and tell me if it clears the error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't access the cartridges - not moved into view (control panel wide open)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you move them by hand, do they then move?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but only further out of view to the left
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This then confirms it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had the Canon a few months, replacing a Lexmark whcih failed too. Probably easiest to junk this too. Not happy, rather than spend on returning it. Grrrr.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Incidentally, I have just returned from three months away, so have had minimal use of the Canon.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear about this, I would recommend the Canon over the Lexmark, they are generally a lot more reliable, you just had bad luck with this one sorry Tom.If you need anything else, please let me knowThank you