Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

Canon PIXMA540. time now each time I use the printer

Canon PIXMA540. For some time now each time I use the printer it precedes tho printing of document or photo with a COVER PAGE which gives Job ID, Title, Printed For and Printed From. How do I get rid of this page and simply get the document or photo?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue occur when printing from your computer?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happens when printing from the computer which is an Apple Mac
Thank you. Please try the following:Solution #1:- When printing, at the print dialog window, click on Details if needed in order to show all the printing options, then look for the cover page or banner page option. You may need to click on the drop-down list for all the main options first, such as "Copies and Pages", etc.Solution #2:- If that does not work, click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then open Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax), then Ctrl + click (or right-click) on the Canon printer, and then select Reset printing system, and confirm yes, then make sure printer is powered on and connected to the computer, then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left to add back your printer, then check printing.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Viet,
Thank you for the 2 possible solutions you have forwarded for me to try and for using, simple, easy-to-follow instructions. The first solution did not work but the second one 'reset printing system' has had the desired effect. I have printed a variety of pages in different formats and they have all appeared without the dreaded COVER PAGE. I am very grateful both for the speed with which you provided a solution and for the easy process. Many thanks. Best wishes, Peter
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,