Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

Lost connection from apple ipad to mg4250

Customer Question

lost connection from apple ipad to mg4250
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 10 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.The ipad uses wifi to connect to the printer, they both must be wirelessly connected to the same wifi network.Follow these steps on your iPad please to reset your iPad's network settings:Step 1:Tap Settings. Step 2:Tap General. Step 3:Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset. Step 4:Tap Reset Network Settings. Step 5:You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue. Step 6:Wait while your iPad resets its network settings. Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPad will also automatically restart. Try reconnecting your iPad to the network again. Then check to see if you can print.Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry this has not worked.
okay, try this and let me know what happens please>Turn off the bluetooth on your iPad, then make sure that wifi is enabled and that you are connected to the same wifi network as the printer,Open the app you want to print from. Find the print option by tapping the app’s share icon ( or ) or settings icon ( or ). If you can’t find the print option, Not all apps support AirPrint.Tap or Print.Choose
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was trying to print a pdf attachment sent to me by e-mail.
Okay, try another app and see if the printer is listed. The email may not support airprint.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I successfully printed off a PDF file from an e-mail attachment on Wednesday evening so the connection has been lost since then.
okay, try this. Disconnect the power from the router for 1 minute, then reconnect the power cord, then reconnect the printer and iPad to the router wifi.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry but this did not work.I noticed that the devices icon is still doing a circular motion looking as if it is trying to connect.
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 10 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will try to help you with this. Airprint does not use Bluetooth on the iPad, so you can turn off Bluetooth (unless you use bluetooth for something else.) Please try the following fix (some of the steps are repeated; please try again):STEP 1:- Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router / hub device(s) for about 5 minutes, then re-connect.STEP 2:- On the iPad, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm Reset, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, and connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name.STEP 3:1. On the printer, go to Setup / Device settings and/or LAN settings / Reset settings / etc., or something similar, and reset the LAN settings (reset network settings), and confirm.2. On the printer, go to WLAN Setup and select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name. Please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations:http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg4250_printer_wireless_connection_setup/; there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the steps there.; make sure you connect to the printer to the same exact network name as you did on the iPad in STEP 2 above.; if successful, it should show Connected to the access point, then press OK button.3. On the printer, go to Setup -> Device settings -> LAN settings -> Confirm LAN settings -> Print LAN details -> Yes (or something similar), then a network setting information will be printed out, then check the IP address numbers there (such as 192.168.1.5, etc.)4. See if you can print from the iPad now.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.